Help DevOps teams to become more security minded and help Essent to become a little more secure every day.
Leadership, ownership and the will to constantly improve. They're in your genes, and you're ready to start work as a Senior IT Security Engineer in Den Bosch.
Senior IT Security Engineer
New vulnerabilities emerge every day. As Senior IT Security Engineer you are responsible for the IT Landscape to be scanned continuously. Especially after every update. Furthermore you make sure that the teams automate what can be automated.
Wij gaan. Jij ook?
Your role as a Senior IT Security Engineer means being the star player in:
- Execute risk assessments and make applications more secure together with DevOps teams
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization in collaboration with the Security Expert
- Automate security requirements in CI/CD pipelines
- Report possible threats or vulnerabilities
- Provide threats, vulnerabilities and impact to determine risk during sessions for DevOps teams
- Taking the lead in scheduling, automating and execution of frequent internal audits on systems and solution in the IT landscape
- Being a thought leader in knowledge of security principles, both within and outside our company
- Create awareness and implementation of Essent security and compliance guidelines
You'll join the IT team in the Shared Services department. Together with the IT Security & Compliance Expert you combine the strengths to engage with E.ON international group services to see what security solutions are available and can be implemented at Essent. And as part of Shared Services you will align and support all DevOps teams with security solutions, implementing and operating them, and providing all information necessary to ensure a secure IT environment in a cost effective way.
In this role, you will specifically work for Essent and the energiedirect.nl brand.
energiedirect.nl is our “value for money” market player. It protects the Essent brand when it comes to price. It was founded 15 years ago based on the conviction that buying energy can be much simpler: in price, service and clarity. We took a clear-headed approach to challenging the market. Without distractions. Always economical: that's the essence of the brand. This conviction can be felt in our communication, and shapes everything we do.
Essent is our full-service brand for consumers, SMEs and large businesses. At Essent, we not only know a lot about energy, but also about customers. We want to help consumers and companies in an accessible way, step-by-step, to make their home or business more sustainable. With the aim of saving energy. We do this together with our installers in the country. Not by making plans for the distant future; we know what is going on with customers today and we really do something with it. Essent helps you today with all your energy solutions. Big or small. For a carefree feeling - now and in the future.
Wat jij meebrengt
Working together as one team to win our customers’ loyalty. It gives you an energy boost like no other. We can only grow by being enterprising, asking critical questions and always wanting to do better. This applies to you as a member of the Essent team and us as a company. Whether you prefer to work behind the scenes or in the spotlight. It doesn't matter. Will you make an impact for yourself, the team and our customers? Then you tick all the boxes if you also have:
- A Bachelor or Master Degree preferably with background in business informatics, computer science or equivalent technical education, preferably with specialty in (cyber) security.
- Experience as a thought leader in security. You have at least one of the following IT security Certifications: CISSP, GSEC, Security+ etc. and ITIL Certifications.
- Expertise to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with clients, vendors, partners, and all levels of Essent staff.
- Much experience in prioritizing tasks in a sometimes highly demanding environment, strong attention to detail and a flair for research and analysis.
- Expert knowledge to evaluate measures in terms of assessing risk to reach realistic mitigation and risk-balanced choices
You’re in top form. A real member of the Essent team in heart and soul, who works shoulder to shoulder for a single goal. You also have basis programming knowledge for example in Python or Angular.
Bij presteren hoort waarderen
You believe in yourself, the team and the company. And us? We reward you for all your hard work: with money, opportunities and personal growth. Because you always deliver the best for our customers, we offer you (based on 40 hours a week):
- A job at the number 1 in the Dutch energy sector and part of important European player E.ON. We continue to grow, innovate and develop.
- A gross monthly salary between € 4.804 and € 6.865, precisely tailored to your level
- A bonus opportunity of 10% to express our appreciation even more
- 30 vacation days because you have other hobbies besides your work
- All facilities to be able to work properly such as a laptop, telephone, home workplace, etc.
- The opportunity to work hybrid including the associated home work allowance
- An inspiring head office with a good coffee bar, two company restaurants and within walking distance of Den Bosch Central Station.
- The opportunity to work according to the Essent Business System
- We recommend that you travel to work by public transport. A nice extra: you will receive an NS Business Card from us. Prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you will receive a kilometer allowance
- A wide range of development and career opportunities nationally and internationally
- And last but not least: an environment in which you can be yourself completely. We believe that the differences in our Essenters help us to remain the number 1 position in energy.
This is the ideal opportunity to make an impact as a Senior IT Security Engineer.
Over de organisatie
We’re the market leader in the supply of energy and gas in the Netherlands. A position we’re proud of. Every day, we find newer and smarter ways of being the best together, as one team. We have focus, ownership and discipline. Our straightforward mentality helps us retain the loyalty of millions of consumers and businesses. Not just in energy and gas, but also in energy-related products and services that help the Netherlands become more sustainable. And we don’t wait until tomorrow. As part of E.ON, and with our brands Essent, energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we create impact for our customers. Together, we bring affordable energy solutions within reach for everyone.